Sunriver, Three Rivers and Coastal Real Estate
Distinctive Service Since 1978
Real estate sales and service comes naturally to me. My grandfather and father were prominent real estate brokers in the communities they served and I learned a lot by listening to them growing up. Other influences were two uncles, one who owned a dairy farm and another who had a Ford dealership. From both I was taught the love of stewardship of the land and how to be successful in serving the customer.
CLIENT FIRST is how I operate.
Here are some reasons to have JOHN GIBSON as your Realtor:
(1) Four decades of experience. Let the wealth of knowledge help you with a smoother and smarter transaction.
(2) Communication. My pet peeve is finding an owner that employed a Realtor to help sell a home, the client signs the paperwork and the agent goes AWOL. Whether listing a property with me or having me help you purchase a home, you WILL hear from me.
(3) You will also hear from me after the sale closes. A matter of fact, most of the clients I work with either had a good experience before or are referrals from happy buyers or sellers. Buying a property is a big deal.
(4) Professional designations. Bachelor of Science in Real Estate from the University of Oregon (okay, but my neighbors are Beavers and we get along fine!) and a Certified Residential Specialist, a designation held by the top 4% of Realtors in North America.
(5) Giving back to the community.
Helped start LaPine-Sunriver Habitat for Humanity which has helped dozens of local families become empowered. They always need help - call (541) 593-5005. Served as the chair of River Meadows Architectural Control Committee and was Treasurer of a homeowners association that had a 46% delinquency rate. Brought it down to under 10% in a recession.
Currently an OSMB boating instructor.
(7) Giving back to the profession.
Have served as a local director on the Board of Realtors and was on the Professional Standards Committee. Now serve as a trustee for Central Oregon Association of Realtor's PAC.
More importantly, I am ready to help my colleagues find solutions to problems that seem to pop up in many sales these days.
(8) ...and I'm fun to work with ! Yes, the process is serious and there are twists and turns on even the less challenging situations. It shouldn't be dreary or a slog - let's make the best of it - after all, there's a dream at stake !
We are in market that has risen from the depths, good properties are getting harder to find and spendy too. However, there is value in all price ranges and we can help you find them. I cut my teeth in the recession of the early 1980s and the good times that followed and have found that no matter what the prevailing opinions say, there are always opportunity for buyers and sellers alike. I actually enjoy this type of market as it forces me to be more creative in putting all the pieces together to make the sale happen.!
We are blessed to consider two great areas of Oregon our home, the sunny climate of Central Oregon and the invigorating communities of the Central Oregon coast. We look forward to sharing our knowledge of the community with you!